“I speak to individuals who have been silenced, shut down, suppressed and unexpressed.”
– Bernadette Pleasant, the Creative Genius Behind Femme!
Intoxicating and energetic, Bernadette Pleasant is a fiery sensual Speaker, Somatic Healer, and Creator of Femme!, a mind-body wellness program. She has spent a lifetime exploring creative visualizations and celebrations of the human form, from sensual dance to somatic healing. A gifted healer, dancer, and entrepreneur, she channels her personal journeys and her radical empathy into transformative, immersive experiences that empower and celebrate people of all genders, ages, sizes, and fitness levels. Bernadette travels globally empowering all through classes, private workshops, retreats and conference engagements.
With certifications in the Nia Technique, Nia 5 Stages, Ageless Grace, Pole Dance, Somatic Healing, Reiki, and Integrated Energy Therapy—and studies in African, Tribal, and Free Dance—Bernadette Pleasant promotes emotional freedom through movement and empowerment.
As an experienced entrepreneur and the founder of Femme!, Bernadette Pleasant regularly leads discussions on emotional healing, inclusive movement, and empowerment for all. Her authenticity, charisma, and warmth allow her to empathize with and inspire those ready for a journey of emotional exploration and affirmation. Intuitive and engaging, Bernadette Pleasant is a vibrant, sensual speaker who connects with those who have been silenced and shut down to support their physical, emotional, and healing journeys—whether in a classroom, from a podium, or one-on-one.
Bernadette is also a woman of color who comes from a long line of natural healers who have used touch and movement to help others find peace, empowerment, and wellness. Her classrooms welcome without judgment and support participants’ paths to finding comfort in their own skin. In the Femme! Experience, Bernadette creates a safe space for all ages, backgrounds, body types and dance skills to explore their sensual selves. Everyone is empowered to fully embrace and embody all of their emotions and fully express them through movement; joy, sorrow, rage, ecstasy and more are all welcome at Femme!. In Femme! everyone is infused with the affirmation, “It’s your body; you can do whatever you want with it-including love it unapologetically!”
MEDIA & PRESS
- “How to Navigate the Body Woman”: Mama Gena School of the Womanly Arts panel video
- “Emotional Freedom and Healing through Primal Movement“: Mama Got Style video interview by Kara Allan
- “Healing Through Movement”: Bombshell Bliss video interview by Paula Jessop
- “Reconnecting with your Source of Power through Dance” : Say Yes podcast by Laura Yamin
- “Meet Bernadette Pleasant”: Miz CEO Magazine interview, pg. 15
- “What Does Emotionality and Spirituality Have to With Dance”: Pole Dancing Bloggers Association video interview
- “Talking About It”: Liberty City Press article by Sheila Simmons
- “Healing Movement Practices” – The Rebellious Leader podcast interview
- “My Erotic Body” – Documentary by Michele Beck